Newly engaged couples who are planning a wedding, no matter the scale, can often get caught up in the whirlwind of details. So much so, in fact, that often the bride and groom to be can begin to feel affected by the scrutinizing, and they can quickly lose sight of the end goal as they focus on everything else instead of what’s right in front of them. As chaotic as it can be, take comfort in knowing it’s going to be okay.
Here are five sure fire ways to help you pace yourselves, take some time for the both of you, and relax during the planning process (that has nothing to do with the planning process!) Four out of the five couples we tested this method on are also doctors 😉
5 Tips To Relax While Wedding Planning
- Netflix Binge – Now, if you’re like most people, you probably already do this. If that’s the case, then you’re ahead of the game. If not, you don’t know what you’re missing. Pick your favorite show, grab some popcorn and a blanket, hit the couch, and snuggle up. Oh, and you might want to have a box of tissues handy
- Cook together – This may be another thing that you already do as a couple, but if not, it is one the most therapeutic things to do. Bonus activity: Set the dining room table, light some candles, and have a nice night out in.
- Wine & Canvas – If you’re not sure what this is, chances are you’ve heard of it, or even seen it already, especially if you have a lot of couples in your friends group. A wine & canvas is an evening outing where people go to enjoy themselves over fine wines, and simple painting led by an instructor. It’s a fun way to engage those hidden talents of yours. I mean, who doesn’t want to be a weekend Bob Ross?
- Take a Hike – Drop the world around you, and get away from it all. Leave the cell phones in the car, grab a water bottle, and hit the trails. Simple. Fun. Relaxing.
- Game Night – Invite your closest friends over for a fun evening of entertainment! Nothing helps take your mind of the chaos by sharing laughs with those closest to you.
Try one, or two, or all five! You can’t go wrong with any of them, and if you do, you can blame it on the fifth couple. They weren’t doctors.